I've always believed that clothing is an extension of your personality. For those who say, "Who needs clothes to express themselves?" I reply back with, "Who doesn't?!" Fashion is fun. Your body is the canvas, the clothes are your medium and the finished product as you stand in front of the mirror is your masterpiece.
That said, figuring out what to wear to your senior portrait session requires some major thought. After all, those pictures are immortalized forever and ever. Not only that, but your peers will see them and I can pretty much promise you that your parents and grandparents will have a copy of your senior portrait in their house somewhere.
Here are five tips to consider when choosing your session day outfits!
1. Don't stray far from your personal style. Make sure the outfits you wear are something you'd wear in your everyday life.
2. Accessorize. For men that includes cuff links, hats, belt buckles, shoes and scarves. For women that means jewelry, bags, sunglasses, shoes and belts.
3. Give your outfits a test run. Snap photographs of yourself wearing the outfits, move around in them and make sure they're comfortable and flattering.
4. If you're looking for outfit inspiration, check out what your favorite celebrities are wearing, hit social media (Pinterest and Instagram are great) and flip through your favorite magazines.
5. Don't be afraid to hit me up if you need help. I've got a lot of experience styling my clients and would love to work with you to create the perfect outfit!
I would love to help you look and feel your best for your senior photos. Check out what my senior photo experience includes. This is a HUGE accomplishment in your young life, let's capture it!